News of the Xiaomi Redmi 4 has been floating around, but a certification by TENAA has revealed that there are more phones bearing that name to be launched by Xiaomi. Along with the Redmi 4, two new mid-range smartphones, the Xiaomi Redmi 4A and 4A Prime have been certified by TENAA, and are expected to be launched soon.
The Redmi 4A and 4A Prime are the same in design and every other specification apart from the fingerprint sensor; the Redmi 4A Prime comes with a fingerprint sensor while the standard Redmi 4A lacks the security scanner.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A / 4A Prime Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Hybrid (Micro + Nano SIM / SDCard) Slot.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8.
- Dimensions: 139.9 * 70.4 * 8.5mm.
- Weight: 140g.
- Display: 5-inch, 1280 * 720 pixels HD, IPS touchscreen.
- Build: Metal body.
- Form Factor: –
- Colours: Gold and Rose Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: Snapdragon 425.
- Processor Speed: 1.4GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 308.
- RAM: 2 GB.
- Internal Storage: 16 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor (Redmi 4A Prime), Infrared sensor.
- Rear: 13 MP, PDAF, LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 5 MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: –
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- USB OTG: No.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: 3,000 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode, MIUI 8 Battery saving.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: TBA.
- Availability: TBA.
- Sales stores/platforms: –
- Launch Price – TBA