The Xiaomi Mi MIX sports a bezel-less design and has a 6.4-inch display with Full HD (2040 * 1080) pixel resolution, 17:9 aspect ration, 500nits brightness, 1300:1 contrast ratio and 94% NTSC colour gamut. The device has an astonishing 91.3% screen-to-body-ratio, the body is designed with a ceramic material (like in the Mi 5s), it weighs 209 grammes and is just 7.9mm thick.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX is powered under the hood by a 64-bit quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor with a 2.3GHz clock speed and assistance from an Adreno 530 GPU. The SoC setup here is pretty much the same as what is on the Mi Note 2.
The Mi MIX comes with 4GB of DDR4 RAM and 128GB internal storage capacity. There is also a Xiaomi Mi MIX Special Edition (with 18k carat gold finish on the frame, rear camera & the fingerprint sensor)with 6GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage capacity. The default storage in both models can’t be expanded as they don’t come with microSD card slots.
The smartphone packs a 4400mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology which allows you to charge the device up to 83% in 30 minutes. It has a Dual Nano-SIM slot and supports 4G LTE (with VoLTE) network bands. A fingerprint sensor is present at the back of the device.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX sports a 16MP camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF and 4K video recording at the rear, while at the front there is a 5MP camera unit to handle selfies.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA.
- 4G: LTE
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8.
- Dimensions: 158.8 * 81.9 mm * 7.9 mm.
- Weight: 209g.
- Display: 6.4-inch, 2040 * 1080 pixels Full HD (362 PPI), IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen, 91.3% screen-to-body ratio, 17: 9 aspect ratio, 500nits brightness, 1300: 1 contrast ratio, 94% NTSC color gamut.
- Build: Ceramic body design.
- Form Factor: Bar.
- Colours: Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MSM8996 Snapdragon 821.
- Processor Speed: 2.35 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 530.
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB, DDR4.
- Internal Storage: 128GB / 256GB, UFS 2.0.
- External Storage: Unavailable.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Gyroscope, Compass, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 16 MP, f/2.0 aperture, EIS [Electronic Image Stabilixation] (gyro), Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), Dual-LED (dual tone) Flash.
- Camera Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama.
- Video recording: Yes, 4K, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps.
- Front-facing: 5MP.
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: XviD/MP4/H.265 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz) MU-MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- VoLTE: Yes.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4300 (Minimum) / 4400 (Typical) mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes, Quick Charge 3.0, Charge up to 83% in 30 minutes.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode, MIUI 8 battery usage optimisation.
- Extra Features: All the sweet exciting features of MIUI 8, Weekly Beta ROM updates, regular stable ROM updates, Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic system (for receiving calls in place of earpiece), Ultrasonic Proximity Sensor Technology.
- Launch Date: 25th of October, 2016.
- Availability: 4th of November, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: Mi.com.
- Offline: –
- Launch Price (4GB RAM + 128GB ROM variant).
- Nigeria: N217000.
- Kenya: KES 49281.
- Ghana: GHS 1933.
- India: Rs. 32550.
- China: CNY 3299.
- USA: $516.
- UK: GBP 399.
- Launch Price (Special Edition, 18k carat gold finish on frame, rear camera & fingerprint sensor, 6GB RAM + 256GB ROM variant).
- Nigeria: N247800.
- Kenya: KES 59828.
- Ghana: GHS 2346.
- India: Rs. 39470.
- China: CNY 3999.
- USA: $590.
- UK: GBP 485.